Lately I’ve been feeling inspired by mid-century decor with a modern twist (take a peek at my Pinterest boards and see!). However, with any vintage decor you walk a fine line between looking cool and retro and looking just plain out-of-date. IKEA is, of course, the workhorse of everything mid-century and Scandinavian and affordable and AWESOME. San Francisco is ripe with secondhand stores and flea markets which are treasure troves of vintage furniture. Sawyer and I can’t wait to peruse them this weekend and maybe find a gem to take home with us! Hey, a girl can dream, right?!
- Martha Stewart Living paint in ‘Enamelware‘: $2.94/sample
- Anthropologie Lotus Blossom Wingback Chair: $1,398
- West Elm Martini Side Table: $149
- IKEA Stockholm TV Unit: $299
- IKEA Koldby Cowhide Rug: $199
- Leather Metallic Gold Pouf Ottoman: $221
- West Elm Origami Coffee Table: $399
- Anthropologie Ombre Velvet Pillow: $188
- IKEA Aina Linen Curtains: $49.99
- West Elm Chester Tufted Upholstered Sofa: $976
- West Elm Overarching Floor Lamp: $299
Decorating from scratch is fun (yet daunting!). I’d love to know…
What are some of your home decor tips?