It seems like every time I log onto Pinterest, a new “how to contour and highlight your face” pin pops up in my home feed. Many of these tutorials require several shades of concealer and a myriad of brushes, creams, and powders. For those of us who’d rather look natural and glowy than a bronzed glamazon (sorry Kim K.), I decided to come up with a contouring tutorial for an every day look. Check out my steps below!
02. Using a highlighting concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone, draw an upside-down isosceles triangle underneath your eyes. The point of the triangle should extend down to the sides of your nostrils and the hypotenuse should extend along your cheekbone and out to your temple (and you thought you’d never use geometry!). Blend the concealer in with your ring finger.
04. Swipe the residual bronzer underneath your jaw line.
05. Grab a bit more bronzer and blend into your temples and hairline. Swipe the brush down the bridge of your nose once.
06. Apply the rest of your makeup (fill in brows, apply mascara and blush). Use a linen pink highlighting pencil to draw a thick line underneath your brows and above the outer half, past the arch. Blend, blend, blend with your ring finger (you don’t want it to look chalky).
07. Swipe a shimmery champagne highlighter above your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, on your cupid’s bow, and on the inner corners of your eyes. Blend into skin for a seamless finish.
08. Finish the look with your favorite lipstick and you’re all done. Take that, Kim K.!