Thai food is my absolute favorite kind of take-out. Besides Pad Thai (obviously), my go-to dish is yellow curry with chicken. I’ve been enjoying it for years and never stopped to think that I might be able to whip it up at home just as easily as ordering out. I found a recipe online and heavily modified it to my liking. If you’ve never tried yellow curry, I highly recommend it. It has a unique flavor that makes it anything but ordinary!
Thai Yellow Curry
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp Thai yellow curry paste (I use Mae Ploy)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- Jasmine rice, cooked
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir yellow curry paste into oil. Add chicken; stir to coat each piece and cook thoroughly.
- Pour 1 can coconut milk into skillet and stir until curry paste is completely dissolved and the coconut milk begins to bubble (3 to 5 minutes). Pour in remaining coconut milk and chicken stock; stir. Add the sriracha sauce. Add the potatoes, pineapple chunks, and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 30 to 35 minutes). Remove from heat. Serve over Jasmine rice.