As a follow-up to my last post, I thought I’d also make a list of my favorite haircare buys! This list changes more frequently than my previous one, but I wanted to share my list of current must-haves. My natural hair texture is wavy/curly and quite dry. While I try to work with my natural texture as much as I can, I’ve found that these five products (including the wash) have aided me significantly and have made my mane much more manageable. After all, a gal’s hair should be her crowning jewel!
- Wen Lavender Cleansing Conditioner: I got hooked on this cleansing conditioner this summer and will probably never go back to my regular shampoo/conditioner combo again. I find it to be incredibly moisturizing and my dry hair drinks it up, but it doesn’t make my scalp oily. In fact, my scalp got so used to the moisturizing formula that when I ran out of Wen (I went back to using regular shampoo for a few weeks), my scalp broke out in extreme dry patches. The dry patches cleared right up when I went back to using Wen.
- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner: In addition to using Wen, I also spray this leave-in conditioner on my hair after getting out of the shower. Besides acting as a great detangler, this leave-in conditioner doesn’t weigh my hair down at all (like most conditioners do) and makes my blowout so shiny and reflective. It is magic.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: Seeing as I only wash my hair about once a week, I’m constantly on the hunt for a great dry shampoo to prolong the life of my blowout. I’d heard so many rave reviews about this one from Klorane, but at $20 a bottle, I was hesitant to take the plunge. A few months ago, I got a travel size sample in my Ipsy Glam Bag and it was love at first spray. It doesn’t make my hair feel gritty or sticky like some other dry shampoos and smells awesome.
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime: Kerastase Elixir Ultime is the holy grail in many a beauty blogger’s medicine cabinet. Applied pre-blowout, it penetrates the hair shaft and yields seriously soft, shiny, and frizz-free results. As you may remember from this post, I had been struggling with frizzy hair in the misty SF weather. Now that I’ve been using Elixir Ultime, there’s not a flyaway in sight. Bonus: it smells like a fabulously expensive perfume (think Dior J’Adore).
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender: I’ve already posted about this product but couldn’t help myself from posting about it again. I apply Prime Style Extender generously on my damp hair after showering (including on the roots) and blow my hair out. I manage to go a good 5-6 (sometimes 7) days without washing my hair again. Some may say that’s gross, but I say it’s awesome. As someone with newly chopped bangs, I’m all about prolonging my blowout and cutting down on heat styling.
In addition to these products, my new hairdryer is a lifesaver. I like to work with what I’ve got, with the help of a few favorite products, of course! ;)
P.S. My all-time favorite beauty buys.