A few weekends ago, I whipped up these fluffy banana pancakes from a recipe I found on Pinterest. They were so easy and received boyfriend-approval. They’re also gluten-free and paleo. Try them this week for a healthy and easy breakfast!
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until a thick, yellow batter forms.
- Melt coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet, pour in palm-sized dollops of batter and add chocolate chips. Cook over medium-heat for 3-5 minutes. Be careful when flipping as the pancake batter is fragile. Recipe should yield about 4-6 smaller pancakes.
- Top pancakes with the other 1/2 of sliced banana, maple syrup, and sweet cream butter.
They’re so yummy… enjoy!